I don't know why I spend any amount of time watching or wondering about this show, but it is a little escape from my very real life, including all those dishes. I watch The Bachelor and I'm woman enough to admit it.
So I was in the kitchen, in my pajamas and up to my elbows in dishwater. I started thinking to myself, it must be easy to fall in love when you're on an all-expenses paid tropical vacation for two months. The show has been on many seasons and I think it's high time the producers shake things up a bit.
I propose a revised bachelor with the following "real world" scenarios:
1. Bachelor asks the girls out in person. No more cheesy notes delivered via courier. Picture this: Bachelor walks into a room and says “You, you, and you—not you—you, would you like to come on a group date with four other women?”
2. Everyone keeps their mobile. Who is the bachelor texting at dinner?
3. The second date is dinner at Chili’s, not a private picnic overlooking secluded snow-capped bluffs and a rambling river. I love Chili's, but who's paying? While we’re at it, let’s get rid of the chauffeurs. Better take it easy on the cocktails.
4. Bachelor gets tickets to the Super Bowl, and can choose one of the ladies or his best friend.
5. (This one from my friend Mrs. Smith) they should suffer through a good bout of flu together.
What experiences would you like to see?