Monday, February 24, 2014

Pinteresting Projects: February

If I didn’t spend so much time on Pinterest, I’d probably have more time to do the stuff I am pinning about. Every now and then, I come across a project that doesn’t take away too much time my beloved boards, usually repurposing things I already have around the house. Here’s two recent examples.
 

Lego Storage

About halfway through a bulk, economy size can of Folger’s, I started questioning why I purchased such an enormous amount of coffee (that was six months ago). I am the only coffee-drinker in my house. Anyhow, I polished it off and here is the reward: a Lego storage bin for the kiddos.
The original pin for this fantastic idea is here. To complete the project, I only purchased a small can of yellow spray paint. Of course, my version doesn’t look as nice because I cut a few corners. Instead of using vinyl cutouts for the face, I drew it with a black Sharpie.

Collage Bookmark

This was supposed to a Valentine’s project for the kids but they were not interested. That didn’t deter me. I collected a cereal box, yarn and old magazines and started cutting to my heart’s content, slapping the scraps together with Mod Podge. This pin was my inspiration, but I created more of a “play on words” using a quote about reading in a ransom note style.  

Check out my other repurposing projects:

No comments:

Post a Comment