Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Old college t-shirt gets a second chance

You never know when inspiration will strike.

I was taking advantage of a rainy day to do the bulk of my winter-to-summer wardrobe switcheroo, when I came in contact with my t-shirt collection.

Between sorority events, road races and work, I have a ridiculous amount of t-shirts. I use some for sleeping, some for sweating (sans the sleeves) and some for bumming around, but I have way more than I can utilize... or fit in my closet.

I was looking at these shirts I had stowed away when I suddenly had a craft attack and dropped what I was doing to try a Pinterest project that had been on my mind. There were two pins here and here but I chose the second option that requires only a pair of scissors and no sewing.

Here's a quick and easy guide to re-styling an old t-shirt into a tank top:

Step 1: Choose the t-shirt. I opted for an oversized shirt that I would otherwise never wear. This one is from my alma mater, Eastern Michigan University (Hats off to you, Eagles).

























Step 2: Let the cutting commence. Cut off the sleeves and the neck, staying close to the seam. Then, cut deeper into the neck, and deeper into the back from the arm holes. This blogger provides great tips.






Step 3: Stretch the edges of the fabric so it rolls up and hides the hack job you just did.
















Step 4: Stretch out one of your cut-off strips and use this to tie up the back.














Viola! Check out more Pinterest projects here. What are you working on?

No comments:

Post a Comment