Monday, July 9, 2012

Our Teddy

The new movie “Ted” got me thinking about our own resident Teddy.
In five years, he’s been ran ragged from travel between mom’s, dad’s, grandma’s, grandpa’s and everywhere in between. He’s traveled via backseat across Ohio, Michigan, Kentucky and Indiana and even flew to Florida once. He’s survived many dog encounters with eyes and paws intact and shared in an unknown number of Happy Meals. He’s also been party to countless hugs, kisses, cries and karate chops.
As a mom, I try to be a source of comfort and stability. But I can’t go everywhere with my son. Among the confusion and inconsistency every day seems to bring my son, it sure is nice for him to have something soft and cushy to cling to… something that fits in his little arms.
Some kids have a blanky and some have a teddy. My son’s Teddy is traveling less and less these days, which makes me wonder, where do old teddies go when they retire?

2 comments:

  1. I love that :) I didn't know that Reece had a Teddy.
    Aiden has Mr. Puppy (half blanket/half puppy).
    My childhood companion, Ms. Bunny, is retired in my mom's attic now.

    ReplyDelete