Sunday, May 6, 2012

Belated pig update

this year was my second run at the Flying Pig Half Marathon. I knew the next few days would be brutal since I really slacked in my training. I was right, unfortunately, but the race was good and I had more fun than I expected.

I don't like to take my running too seriously because I don't it to become not fun. But for those who are interested, I didn't get enough sleep. Pre-run I ate a peanut butter Cliff bar, a glass a Diet Mt. Dew, half of a banana and some "magic beans" my friend gave me. I put the rest of the beans in my shorts to eat during the race, but I didn't end up using them. Part of the reason is I've started chewing gum when I run and I didn't want to part with it!

I decided going into this race that I was going to have fun and not kill myself for a time since I didn't really train anyway. I took advantage of at least every other fluid station, and every high-five I could get. I'd like to give props to the young musician playing alone in Newport. That Foo Fighters song really pumped me up! I've always said the crowd is the best part of the Pig. I'm trying to find a picture of my favorite sign so I can add it.
UPDATE: found the sign and borrowed this pic from www.isweatpretty.com... Good blog check it out.

1 comment:

  1. You amaze me with all of your running, Sara! Good job. Awesome sign.

    ReplyDelete