Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Packing for Tough Mudder & Camping


I'm not sure why, but one of my best friends and I signed up for the Tough Mudder race, which is this weekend near Cleveland. Maybe I'd become bored with the challenges of being a single mother, or maybe I was just peer pressured into it... but either way it's almost go time.

Twelve miles plus 25 military style obstacles isn't challenging enough, so we're going to camp. You might want to avoid me on Sunday.

Anyway, here's my packing list so far:
1. Ibuprofen
2. Acetaminophen (in case the ibuprofen doesn't work)
3. cooler
4. beer
5. koozies
6. Oh yeah, my old running shoes
7. Dry shoes
8. extra socks and underwear
9. towel
10. tent
11. sleeping bags
12. extra blankets
13. garbage bags
14. snacks
15. bandanna
16. gloves (for climbing ropes, monkey bars, etc.)
17. sweats
18. toothbrush
19. toothpaste
20. extra contacts
21. What am I missing?

Hopefully I don't break any limbs, because the Flying Pig is right around the corner. If I do, at least it's the name of a good cause, the Wounded Warrior Project.

Wish us luck.


2 comments:

  1. WOWZERS!!! You're so brave!!! I hope it goes well for you and it's all the challenge (and more) that you hoped it would be!!! You're my inspiration!!!!

    ReplyDelete