Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Dear Bill Letter

Bill O'Reilly hasn't read one of my emails on the air since about 2000. I thought I'd share my pithy remarks with Bill and all of you about MJ one last time, and then I never want to talk about it again. Ever.


Bill,

While I agree the Michael Jackson memorial has been a celebrity circus, I do take issue with your statement regarding the main stream media in Tuesday's program and today's column.

I am a loyal viewer of The Factor and think you are both brilliant and realistic, but your show is pure commentary. You do bring attention to deserving issues, but the MSM's role is different. They are responsible for giving the United States of Entertainment what they want and presenting it as *cough* objectively as possible.

A few years ago, the public wanted wall-to-wall coverage of MJ's molestation trial. Yesterday they wanted wall-to-wall coverage of his funeral. It's strange, weird and sad, but it's what the people want. Let Couric, Gibson and the like do their thing and you keep doing yours: tell the truth as you see it.


Sara

For reference, here's Bill's column today: Off the Wall: Race and Michael Jackson

3 comments:

  1. I tend to watch the re-run of the Factor in the morning while I'm getting ready. I enjoy the show. It's true about MJ, but I am so tired of it. Other things are going on in the world, 24/7 coverage is way over the top.

    BTW - thanks for the book suggestion. I'll keep it in mind. I'm reading Bill's book right now, so maybe once I finish this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let me know how you like "Bold Fresh."
    It's on my list but I'm in escapism mode and trying out some fiction.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi. I'm following your blog now.

    I have a story today about health care, and links to contact your representatives.

    Check out my blog
    http://mainfo.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete