Sunday, February 8, 2009

Daddy knows best?

I really hate when people get up in my biznass.
One of my biggest pet peeves is someone looking over my shoulder and telling me how to do something--unless of course I asked for help. I know what's best for my child, my career and my money. Hence my disdain for high taxes and government spending.
It really pisses me off to see the President on t.v. mocking the people of America by saying "What do you think a stimulus is? That's the whole point." He is essentially saying, "I know what's good for the country. I know where your money should be spent. I know better than Joe the Plumber, Joe the Mom or anybody else."
Is anyone listening?
You know what would be stimulating? Give me more tax relief and I will decide for myself if I want to spend it at Macy's or donate it to the arts, STD education or whatever.
Although to hear the Democrats talk, you would think the current $800 billion-plus bill is a quick fix, there are long term consequences to be considered. Obama's administration is setting the stage for creating more dependence by individuals and businesses on the federal government. The non-partisan Congressional Budget Office has warned the long-term effect of that much government spending over the next decade could "crowd out" private investment, lowering long-term economic growth forecasts by 0.1 percent to 0.3 percent by 2019.

No comments:

Post a Comment