Thursday, June 9, 2016
Monday, March 21, 2016
I quit the classroom party circuit in kindergarten. That was the year I dutifully signed up to bring a "winter party" treat. I had no idea the chaos that awaited me when I drove up to the school that day. Along with dozens of other parents (and grandparents, aunts, siblings, step parents, cousins...) I filed into a crowded classroom where the kids were munching on a smorgasbord of sugar, just in time for the bus ride home. There were more cookies and cupcakes than you could shake a sugar cane stick at. I believe there was a mind-numbing craft of some kind. Did I mention there was a lot of candy?
Thursday, November 5, 2015
Monday, October 26, 2015
When I was young, one of my favorite treats was actually when mom's pantry was empty. That's because it meant a stop at the gas station for breakfast. On those mornings, I'd choose a pair of chocolate cupcakes; you know, the ones with the white squiggles on top. Sweet satisfaction!
Thursday, October 8, 2015
Here are some of our pictures from the weekend. Happy hiking!
Monday, June 9, 2014
Monday, March 10, 2014
I don't know why I spend any amount of time watching or wondering about this show, but it is a little escape from my very real life, including all those dishes. I watch The Bachelor and I'm woman enough to admit it.
So I was in the kitchen, in my pajamas and up to my elbows in dishwater. I started thinking to myself, it must be easy to fall in love when you're on an all-expenses paid tropical vacation for two months. The show has been on many seasons and I think it's high time the producers shake things up a bit.
I propose a revised bachelor with the following "real world" scenarios:
1. Bachelor asks the girls out in person. No more cheesy notes delivered via courier. Picture this: Bachelor walks into a room and says “You, you, and you—not you—you, would you like to come on a group date with four other women?”
2. Everyone keeps their mobile. Who is the bachelor texting at dinner?
3. The second date is dinner at Chili’s, not a private picnic overlooking secluded snow-capped bluffs and a rambling river. I love Chili's, but who's paying? While we’re at it, let’s get rid of the chauffeurs. Better take it easy on the cocktails.
4. Bachelor gets tickets to the Super Bowl, and can choose one of the ladies or his best friend.
5. (This one from my friend Mrs. Smith) they should suffer through a good bout of flu together.
What experiences would you like to see?